PROJECT TITLE: Tusmore Arboretum
CLIENT: McQuitty Landscape Architects
LOCATION: Tusmore Estate, Oxfordshire
SERVICES: Main Contractor and Clerk of Works
COMPLETION DATE: June 2008 plus ongoing maintenance.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT
Overseeing the implementation of an arboretum containing 250 semi-mature trees originating from all over the world. The implementation works were undertaken by one of Parkwood’s sister companies, Civic Trees and Parkwood Consultancy Services acted as main contractor overseeing the project on a day-to-day basis. Our Environmental team undertook the of clerk of works role, overseeing the operations on site, attending site meetings, financial control, sub-consultant co-ordination, client and landscape architect liaison. In addition the project included CDM responsibilities and responsibility and as main contractor compilation of a Health and Safety plan. This was an exciting and unusual project delivered on time and on budget.
KEY CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
1. Tight planting schedule of 25 trees per day and adverse weather conditions for prolonged periods : Regular close liaison with Civic Trees to devise the most efficient planting techniques for the limited windows of suitable planting conditions.
2. Financial management : Regular preparation of applications for payment and variations.
3. Compliance with Health and Safety Regulations : Rigorous adherence to the Health and Safety Plan.
ACHIEVEMENTS (TO DATE)
1. Completed on time and on budget despite the adverse weather conditions.
2. Satisfied client and landscape architect.
To find out more about these facilities please contact us on 01789 450085 or email email@example.com