Wyre Forest Cemetery
CLIENT: Wyre Forest District Council via Dignity Caring Funeral Services Ltd
VALUE: Scheme - £4.2m PCS - £50,000
LOCATION: Land off Minster Road, Kidderminster, Worcestershire
SERVICES: Full suite of landscape architectural services including conceptual & detailed master-planning (LI Work Stages A-L)- BREEAM Consultancy- Planning Consultancy- Ecological Assessment & Monitoring- Client Liason
COMPLETION DATE: May 2011
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:
PCS’s Landscape Architects were commissioned to prepare in the first instance drawings and documents in support of a bid by Dignity Caring Funeral Services Ltd to design, build and operate a new multi-million pound Cemetery and Crematorium on behalf of Wyre Forest District Council. Dignity were successful in their tender so PCS were retained to work as part of a multi-disciplinary design team tasked with guiding the project through the planning process and onto construction and completion. Planning consent was achieved in mid 2010, with site operations a month later. PCS’s Landscape Architects were novated to the selected contractor; Herbert Baggaley Construction Ltd and have completed the production of all landscape related construction information for Phase 1 and 2 of the scheme. Completion is expected in May 2011, as is an entrance for a regional design award. Further services undertaken by PCS as well as acting as Landscape Architects are acting as the schemes CDM co-ordinators, Ecologists and completing all BREEAM works relation to the external works.
· Short timetable and challenging budget for large site.
· Exposed and undulating site, troublesome soils, noise and security issues.
· Clear direction on production of information and close liaison with client, cost consultant and contractor throughout.
· Engagement of a multidisciplinary team throughout the design process, drawing on other professionals and in-house expertise where required to overcome technical difficulties.
ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE:
· Planning achieved.
· Positive client and public feedback.
· Completion of Phase 1 & 2 within budget.
To find out more please contact us on 01789 450085 or email firstname.lastname@example.org