Salisbury - Leisure
PROJECT TITLE: Parkwood Health and Fitness - Salisbury
CLIENT: Parkwood Health and Fitness
VALUE: £3 million Capital Cost
LOCATION: Salisbury, Wiltshire
SERVICES: Landlord & Tenant Services / Project Management / Employers Agent
COMPLETION DATE: December 2006
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT
Split over two levels, this high quality new build leisure complex includes a large pool, sauna and steam rooms and an extensive beauty area located on the ground floor. On the first floor, facilities include a large open plan fitness suite and three large dance and exercise studios. The facility also boasts a luxurious restaurant, lounge and cafe, as well as impressive public areas. A feature staircase and exceptional glass wall forms the central core of the facility and acts as the main public access between the ground and first floor.
KEY CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
1. Very aggressive development programme of six months from inception to completion : Use of a two-stage design and build contract enabled the early appointment of a preferred bidder allowing design and procurement to proceed concurrently.
2. Very high quality finishes within design and build procurement environment : Design developed to Stage E (detailed design) before novation of the architect to the design and build contractor. This allowed for the production of the detailed specification by the client’s design team thus maintaining control of the quality objectives.
3. Existing shell which had been designed for a specific alternative use : Detailed initial space planning and structural evaluation to ensure that the final product would satisfy operational objectives.
1. Completed under budget.
2. Very high quality finish.
3. Programme objectives achieved.
4. Very positive client and end-user feedback.
To find out more about these facilities please contact us on 01789 450085 or email firstname.lastname@example.org